Upton township 1,101 acres; pop. in 1841 - 63 houses; 437 inhabitants (incl 163 in the Asylum)
the school had 50 scholars
(also notes 1801 pop - 173; 1831 - 289
Principle landowner - Sir Philip Egerton Bart.
Other land owners - LBHesketh;Charles Potts; Samuel Brittain; Rolinson; John Axe; Mrs.Evans.
- named in the directory
- John Axe
- William Bagley (bricklayer)
- William Carter (corn miller, baker and farmer)
- Charles Darlington (boot & shoe maker)
- William Darlington (blacksmith)
- Francis Dickson (nurseryman)
- Frederick Fitch (resident surgeon - Asylum)
- Joseph Jackson (joiner)
- Robert Jones (beerhouse)
- Thomas Knight (wheelwright)
- Charles Potts
- Benjamin Richardson (vict.Victoria)
- George Robinson (vict. Egerton Arms)
- Farmers - John Evans; Sarah Gregory; Thomas Ithell (the Hall); Joseph Jones
Thomas Price; Samuel Thomason; Thomas Worrall
Bache 93 acres pop. in 1841 2 houses 18 inhabitants
- Bache Hall - after the dissolution of the monasteries - passed from the Abbott St.Werburg
to the Chauntrell family. Purchased in 1606 by Robert Whitby; passed to the Cromptons. In 1716
an heiress of Crompton family sold to the Morgans of Golden Grove (Flintshire).
In 1800 purchased from Edward Morgan by Samuel Broadhurst.
- Hall resident - Samuel Broadhurst
- Richard Palin (corn merchant)