An intended canal from near the Patent Slip on the Cheshire shore of the River mersey
in the Township or Chapelry of Birkenhead in the County Palatine of Chester to the
Ellesmere & Chester Canal near the first lock south of Mnfrs Walkers Shotwork
in the Parish of St.John the Baptist in the County & City of Chester.
Nov 1833 James Gilbert Civil Eng John Palin C. Brittain surveyors
orientated to put north at the top..
15 - 20 are small parcels of land around Heath rd
aside - In Newton parish land parcels 1 - 6 all owned by Lord Kilmorey and the surveyors of newton's highways named as William Fox & Joseph Newall