Upton Riding school

It is believed that Mr Martin opened the Riding School in 1932 based in behind the St.Mary's school. It was sold in April 1939 to Miss Nickson. Gymkanas became regular events and pony rides popular at fetes.

This Miss Nickson apparently had no connection with Nickson's shop at the Bache.

Miss (Beaky???)Nickson then relocated the school to Flag Lane - land the Upton side of Butter Hill - sometime before 1956.
....
an early 1930s poster and ....................................the relocated school in the early 1960s