clippings from the past
- CHESTER AIRPORT - a suitable site would be at Long Lane Upton,
Duttons Farm 'Upton Grange' as it is the highest part of land
in the surrounding district.
(Chester Chronicle 14th March 1931)
- HAIGH MET BY FROST & SNOW - Earl Haigh visiting Upton Lawns was
met at Chester station by Chester's mayor Sir John Frost who lived at
Upton Lawns and by the General Officer Commanding - Gen Snow who resided
at Government House Upton.
- GERMANS ATTEND UPTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - 1951 visit to witness
at first hand 'British local government in action'
- NEW CANAL PLANNED THROUGH UPTON.....Note file > 250Kb
- UPTON MANOR WIN 'A GOOD SING' on BBC TV NorthWest