very early days of construction
- Acresfield School - presumably former field belonging to 'Acres' farm
- Earls Oak - where Earl Haigh planted the oak in 'The Lawns'
- Grangeside - presumably after the former 'Upton Grange'
- Horrocks Way - site of the former MOD'The Firs' - General Horrocks GOC Western Command
- Lawn Drive - site of the former 'The Lawns'
- Marina Drive - after Princess Marina ?
- Marl Heyes - ??possibly a former marl pit ?
- Meadows Way - after Sir John Meadows Frost - who lived in 'The Lawns'
- Mill Lane - naturally due to Upton Mill
- Nield Court - site of the former 'Upton Grange'- home of Sir Basil Nield
- Willow Close - site of former cricket ground
see also 'origins' page in the 1951 WI History