Upton Villa (also known as Upton House and Stanton House)
The 1839 Upton tithe map records Upton House standing in White field. At this time it was owned by Frances Dickson (of the Dickson Nursery family) and her husband James.
The building was located where now stands nos: 7,9,11 Bache Drive.
Known (but needs to be checked again) from past census records –
1871 – Widow Selina Dickson (76yrs); son Thomas (34yrs) and the Freeman family.
1881 – Widow Selina Dickson with her daughter granddaughters and three servants.
In the 1920s the estate was owned by Rev Algernon Ernest Grimes and there are memories of the derelict building during the 1940s and early 1950s before the new housing developments.
(see the OS maps within the Upton Park site