The watercolour of the village pump comes from the WI 1951 Village History scrapbook - the artist unknown.
The WI scrapbook states that the pump was reputed to have been over 200 years old in 1951.
Up to about 1880 Upton was supplied with water via wells; water courses and pumps - but by 1890 much of Upton was served with mains water. The last regular use of the pump was around 1900 although it was decided during WW2 to have the source ready again - the WI reported that it was still in working order and the water from it pure and wholesome.
When it was fenced in - as today - has not yet been identified